BElauwZEwartforum BElauwZEwartforum
Meerwaarde site

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good an

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BElauwZEwartforum -> Van de pot gesnockt
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 19-02-2019 02:15:15    Onderwerp: Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good an Reageren met citaat

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Air Max 95 Outlet Online . This week they discuss the National Football League, the great Ichiro Suzuki and a fans complaint about the Rogers Centre. Bruce Arthur, National Post: My thumb is down to ESPN for pulling out of a partnership with PBS on a deeply researched documentary on the NFLs questionable handling of concussions after - wait, this cant be right - a lunch meeting in midtown Manhattan with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Both sides denied NFL pressure was the cause, which means they must believe the public has collectively suffered serious head trauma. The league is looking more and more like a cigarette company every day, facing litigation from a third of its living former players, and everybody knows it. But ESPN - which airs Monday Night Football - has so many great journalists, on this issue and others, and it did them a deep disservice in succumbing to business interests over journalism. The only positive? At least they decided where they stand. Steve Simmons, Sun Media: My thumb is down to the National Football League for its rather weak suspension of Houston defensive end Antonio Smith. Smith has been suspended for two pre-season games and one regular season game for one of the most dangerous acts on a football field Ive ever seen. Smith somehow manipulated the helmet off Miamis often dirty Richie Incognito and violently swung the helmet in the direction of Incognitos head. Had it connected we might be talking about something other than suspension today. And at a time when the NFL is doing almost everything to protect its players, especially the head, this time it didnt do enough. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated: My thumb is up to Ichiro Suzuki, who passed the 4,000 hit mark this week against the Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium. Of course 1,278 of those hits came in the Japanese league to which I say … so? The Japanese League isnt exactly single A. And suppose Ichiro simply had materialized in Seattle at age 27 and began a career that produced a rookie of the year, an MVP, 10 Gold Gloves, more than 2,700 hits, 10 straight 200-plus hit season and a record 262 hits. Hall of Famer? Yeah. Anyway, that little museum in Cooperstown is the national baseball hall of fame, not the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame. Dave Hodge, TSN: On a list of complaints by fans of the Blue Jays, this wouldnt rank near the top, but Im with the fan who said "thumbs down" to this bit of nonsense encountered at the Rogers Centre beer concession. Fan wanted to buy one beer and he wanted to share it with his wife, so he asked for an empty cup to go with the overpriced can of beer. Sorry, thats not allowed. You can have beer in a can, minus a cup, or you can have beer in a cup, minus the can. But you cant walk away with half a can and half a cup of beer. Not even that way can the Jays and their fans enjoy a .500 season. Air Max 95 Offerta . Ferrer was unable to find his rhythm in losing 6-4, 6-2 to Teymuraz Gabashvili in his opening match while Nadal struggled past fellow Spanish player Albert Ramos 7-6 (2), 6-4. Nadal eventually overcame his 103rd-ranked opponent to reach the third round, rebounding from a surprise loss to Ferrer in the Monte Carlo Masters quarterfinals. Air Max 95 Scontate .com) - The Carolina Panthers won for the first time in seven games last week, were without Cam Newton due to a car accident this week, but somehow sit atop the much-maligned NFC South. http://www.airmax95outlet.it/ . Players suspended during the season for a performance-enhancing drug violation will not be eligible for that years post-season. In addition, discipline will increase from 50 games to 80 for a first testing violation and from 100 games to a season-long 162 for a second. A third violation remains a lifetime ban.HAYWARD, Calif. -- Tony Finau won the Stonebrae Classic on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour title, closing with a 4-under 66 for a three-stroke victory. Finau, the 24-year-old Salt Lake City player who turned pro at 17, had a tournament-record 22-under 258 total at TPC Stonebrae and earned $108,000 to jump from 24th to eighth on the money list with $238,125. The top 25 after the final four regular-season events will earn 2014-15 PGA Tour cards. "Im overwhelmed," the long-hitting Finau said. ""I got a little bit of goosebumps walking up the 18th fairway just thinking about how far Ive come the past few years. ... It definitely wasnt easy coming down the stretch but I had a lot of fun. I was proud of how I stayed in the moment. I kept telling myself that the most important shot is the next one." Zack Sucher, the Midwest Classic winner last week in Kansas, had a 66 to tie for second with Fabian Gomez and Daniel Berger. Air Max 95 Outlet Italia. Gomez, from Argentina, finished with a 68. He had a 60 in the second round. Berger also closed with a 68. Finaus biggest challenge came at the 315-yard 14th, easily reachable for player who averaged 329 yards off the tee. But using driver, he yanked his shot into a tree at the end of the teeing ground. "It didnt go 20 yards," Finau said. "The ball wound up in some big weeds, but I could get a club on the next one." He popped a 6-iron down the fairway, hit a wedge from 90 yards to 7 feet and made the par putt. "That was huge," Finau said. "Theres no telling what could have gone through my mind if I had messed up that hole." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BElauwZEwartforum -> Van de pot gesnockt Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: