BElauwZEwartforum BElauwZEwartforum
Meerwaarde site

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

LISBON, Portugal -- Cristiano Ronaldo has two Champions Leag

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BElauwZEwartforum -> Praatcaffee
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 15-02-2019 02:42:23    Onderwerp: LISBON, Portugal -- Cristiano Ronaldo has two Champions Leag Reageren met citaat

LISBON, Portugal -- Cristiano Ronaldo has two Champions League winner medals to show off along with his two world player of the year awards. Will Compton Jersey . That is, when hes done showing off his ripped physique. Ronaldos penalty at the end of extra time Saturday sealed a 4-1 victory for Real Madrid over Atletico Madrid, which led deep into stoppage time after 90 minutes. The 29-year-old Portuguese star then ripped off his shirt in celebration and struck a pose showing off his muscles. Soon, Ronaldo was being hugged by Portugals state president, Anibal Cavaco Silva, and patted on the back by Spains King Juan Carlos before collecting his medal from UEFA President Michel Platini -- who also hugged him. Just another night of Ronaldo being soccers biggest showman and undisputed current best player. "Since day one at the club Ive felt ready for this," said the Madrid star after helping end the clubs wait since 2002 for a coveted 10th European title in his fifth season there. "The pressure is making me a better player. It was worth risking (my injury) since were champions," Ronaldo told reporters. The Madrid star now heads to Brazil to cap his stellar season at the World Cup, where Group G rivals Germany, the United States and Ghana await him. Ronaldo will arrive with confidence peaking, even if his finishing fell from his own absurdly high standards Saturday. His 51st goal of the season came from his ninth attempt, including two trademark free kicks which tested Atletico goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois within his limits. One missed second-half chance seemed scripted for Ronaldo: hanging high to meet a Sergio Ramos cross, neck muscles tightening to drive his forehead at the ball. An untypically tame connection glanced the ball wide. Six years ago, in his first Champions League final, Ronaldo met the moment and ball to arrow his header into Chelseas goal and give Manchester United the lead in Moscow. The eventual manner of victory in 2008 was as dramatic as Saturdays proved. Then, Ronaldo was the only Man United player to have his penalty saved in a shootout, before Chelsea captain John Terry struck a post with the potentially decisive kick. When Edwin van der Sar sealed victory with a save, Ronaldo lay crying in the centre circle alone as teammates raced toward the goalkeeper. Still, Man Uniteds European title helped propel Ronaldo over great rival Lionel Messi in January 2009 to win his first FIFA world player award. Messi beat Ronaldo in the next Champions League final, scoring in Barcelonas 2-0 win. That night in Rome announced Messis rise above Ronaldo in footballs firmament. Confirmation came with Messis election to the FIFA honour for an unprecedented four straight years. Ronaldo stopped the streak in January on another tearful evening. His young son Cristiano stood beside him on stage and Pele also wept at this shoulder. The accolade was acclaimed as reward for hard work to hone his body and raise an already prolific scoring record. There were no tears Saturday, and Ronaldo was at the heart of the party. It was in the same Stadium of Light in Lisbon that Ronaldo lost in his first major final -- a stunning 1-0 upset for Greece over host Portugal in the 2004 European Championship. With this measure of redemption, Ronaldo closed on the three Champions League titles held by 26-year-old Messi. The World Cup stage offers Ronaldo the stage to show he can also close the gap in world player honours. Harold Landry Jersey . According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the deal will pay Schenn $2.25 million in the first year and $2.75 million in the second year. In 82 games with the Flyers in 2013-14, Schenn scored 20 goals and added 21 assists. Tennessee Titans Jerseys . The 21-year-old Wickham headed Sunderland into a 26th-minute lead --to add to the double he scored at Manchester City and his strike in last weekends win at Chelsea -- and then sealed the win with a late header. http://www.authenticshoptitans.com/bennie-logan-jersey/ .ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida – It doesnt take John Gibbons long after setting foot in Tropicana Field to use his alternative name for the Rays monochrome home. "House of horrors," joked the Blue Jays manager, just a couple of hours before the first pitch of the new season. Asked about his star shortstop, his lead off hitter, Jose Reyes, Gibbons was unequivocal in expressing Reyess importance to the Blue Jays line-up. "We need him," said Gibbons. "He makes things happen. We said last year, going into the season, probably the one guy we couldnt afford to lose would have been him. Then we lost him. Some other guys did a nice job filling in, but they arent Reyes." Little did Gibbons know that a short time later, after Reyes lead off at-bat on Monday afternoon, he would again lose his shortstop. Reyes, who missed five Grapefruit League games last week with what the Blue Jays called a "mild strain" of his left hamstring, experienced tightness as he ran down the line, thinking he had a single before Rays centerfielder Desmond Jennings robbed him with a headlong, diving catch. “When I hit the ball to centerfield, I saw the guy diving for the ball, I thought the ball was going to drop and bounce away from him,” said Reyes. “I tried to run a little bit faster between home plate and first base and I kind of felt my hammy there so I had to slow down and get out of the game.” The Blue Jays lost the battle, 9-2 to the Rays. It remains to be seen whether the club has lost an important soldier in the broader war for a significant period of time. Reyes was scheduled for an MRI either Monday evening or Tuesday. “He irritated the same spot,” said Gibbons. “Thats a concern.” The 30-year-old has a history of hamstring problems, but nothing recent. Reyes tore his right hamstring in 2009; he had a left hamstring strain in 2011 and hasnt had hamstring issues since. Reyes missed 66 games last year, his first as a Blue Jay, with a severely sprained left ankle suffered in the second week of the season. “I feel okay walking around,” said Reyes. “But were going to have better detail … when I get the new MRI. Rashaan Evans Jersey. Hopefully I dont get it any worse because if I get it any worse thats going to be disappointing not just for me but for the entire team too.” LINEUP CONSTRUCTION The Blue Jays bench depth, which general manager Alex Anthopoulos has repeatedly identified as lacking, was forced into action almost right away when Reyes went down. Ryan Goins, a natural shortstop, replaced Reyes in the leadoff spot. Goins wasnt in the starting lineup because hes a left-handed hitter and Rays ace left-hander David Price is, to understate the matter, tough on lefties. That created a situation where Maicer Izturis was hitting in the eight-hole, left-handed hitting Josh Thole in the nine-hole and Goins in the one-spot. Not an ideal way to turn the lineup over ahead of Melky Cabrera and the subsequent sluggers against Price, one of the best pitchers in baseball, to say the least. If Reyes is forced to miss time, the Blue Jays internal options include second baseman Chris Getz and shortstops Jonathan Diaz and Munenori Kawasaki. None is on the 40-man roster, which would necessitate another player to be designated for assignment and exposed to waivers. The bottom line is if Reyes is out, any internal option results in a disconcerting lack of offence from both middle infield positions, further weakening the bottom of the order. JANSSEN Casey Janssen was noticeably frustrated at having to begin the season on the disabled list with a strain on the left side of his abdomen and back. “I dont know, maybe I was just compensating a little bit, trying to generate a little bit more power with my front side or what,” said Janssen. “Its disappointing because my arm is really starting to come around and then to have this little thing. Its not how I drew it up.” Janssen is undergoing treatment but isnt throwing at the moment and hasnt re-started his weighted ball program exercises. The plan is once the soreness subsides, Janssen will resume throwing off flat ground. “I hate going on the DL,” he said. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BElauwZEwartforum -> Praatcaffee Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: