BElauwZEwartforum BElauwZEwartforum
Meerwaarde site

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

Backup DVD collection to FreeNAS via Plex

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BElauwZEwartforum -> FCB nieuws
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Velemoochi

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-06-2015 03:59:59    Onderwerp: Backup DVD collection to FreeNAS via Plex Reageren met citaat

Backup DVD collection to FreeNAS via Plex

Here is a simple guide on how to backup and stream your own DVD collection to FreeNAS via Plex on Windows 7 easily by ripping DVD to FreeNAS for Plex.

"Can I place all of my DVDs on a FreeNAS server to allow for easier access? I was Googling for best ripper software and the reviews seemed incomplete in that they did not mention the same products in the comparisons. I created a Plex Media Server on my Windows 7 computer and access the FreeNAS through a drive mapping.

The Plex server is supported on FreeNAS as well, but then I would have all of the video metadata taking up space on it and I don't need that kind of protection for metadata. Any suggestions about rip DVD to FreeNAS for Plex via windows 7?"

Most of Movie fans are very pleased with Plex as it provides an excellent interface to DVD videos from FreeNAS and provides much the same functionality as Netflix. What if we want to share the DVD content from FreeNAS via Plex? Actually, it can done effortlessly. In this article, you will know how to backup DVD to FreeNAS for streaming and sharing on DLNA compliant devices by ripping DVD to a FreeNAS-friendly.

As you know, FreeNAS doesn't support DVD video format. If you have some nice DVD movies and want to put to FreeNAS for streaming and playback on DLNA compliant devices like PS3, WD TV, Xbox, Roku, Plex, iPhone, TV and more media devices, you have to convert DVD to format like MP4, MKV or other format compatible with FreeNAS.

* Read: Upload H.265 videos to NAS | Move iTunes Videos to NAS ...

There are many DVD ripping applications available designed to rip and convert DVDs for FreeNAS. Pavtube DVDAid is one of the dynamic DVD ripping tool that can help you achieve the goal effortlessly- rip DVD/Blu-ray to a common video with high output video quality and fast ripping speed. This DVD converter can help you convert DVD to all other popular video formats like MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, WMV, FLV, MPG, etc. for playing and sharing bypassing the DVD copy protection.

Besides, it provides the optimal presets for iPhone, iPad, PS3, Xbox, Microsoft Surface RT/Pro, etc Android, iOS, Windows based devices. Moreover, you are allowed to edit the DVD movies by trimming, cropping, adjusting video effects, etc. to get the very wanted part and effects as you like. The equivalent Mac version is here. Just get it now and follow the steps below to copy DVD movies to FreeNAS for unlimited sharing.

How to rip DVD to FreeNAS friendly video for streaming on Plex via Windows 7

Step 1. Load DVD movies

Insert the DVD disc into your computer's DVD drive and run DVD Ripper. You can click the "Load DVD" button to load the DVD files to the program. DVD ISO/IFO, VIDEO_TS folder are supported also.

Step 2. Specify output format

As has been stated above, FreeNAS supports MP4, MKV, M4V, etc video files. So you can just select "MKV HD Video (*.mkv)" or "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)" from "HD Video" as the output video format.

Step 3. Trim/Edit DVD files

Since FreeNAS has limitations about the uploading video size (If you only have the free account, you only have 2 GB of space), please pay attention to the video size when ripping DVD movies for FreeNAS. Here we should highlight the trim function on this software. Just click "Edit" to trim the DVD videos to get the very part you want. Besides trimming, cropping, adding watermark, adjusting special effect, are well supported as well.

Step 4. Start converting DVD to FreeNAS

When all these settings are ready, you can click the "Convert" button to begin the DVD to FreeNAS conversion. When the ripping is done, you can click on "Open" button to locate the ripped videos.

Learning How to set up your FreeNAS and Plex. Then, Enjoy your DVD collections on Plex from FreeNAS via Windows. Have Fun!

Good News! The new upgrade from Pavtube is coming! Go ahead and get your multimedia products in need. Never miss!!!

See also:

Source: http://media-playback.jimdo.com/2015/06/04/rip-dvd-to-freenas-for-plex/
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Harugoto

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-07-2015 05:25:26    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

There are other friends that I have come to know in this.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
Ramunaex

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-07-2018 10:06:05    Onderwerp: Reageren met citaat

It is another issue that can be raised for future use.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht Website bekijken
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    BElauwZEwartforum -> FCB nieuws Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: